Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chronological Study Bibles

Sometimes we think of time as flowing from our Bible in a neat and orderly fashion. I bought myself a new study Bible. The text is arranged so that you read it as things happened chronologically. Transition comments relate sacred and secular history as it happens and the influence they each have on the other. It's amazing when you read passages and fit them together. Sometimes, I stop and think, “I don't remember reading that before...” Hmmm, where was my mind when I read that section or do I just see things differently as an adult? Or just finally grasp the meaning as it related to a culture so different from mine yet so relevant, today, thousands of years later?? Words translate more easily than concepts---that's where a Translator really focuses!!!! Thank God for translators who have given me Bibles in my own heart language!! - Charliece

No comments:

Post a Comment