Sunday, February 21, 2010

Missionaries and Passports

 In Nehemiah 2:7-9 one of the earliest known references to what served as a passport is found. In about 450 BC,  Nehemiah, an official serving King Artaxerxes I of Persia , asked leave to travel to Judea and the king granted leave and gave him a letter "to the governors beyond the river" requesting safe passage for him as he travelled through their lands.

We just renewed our U.S. Passports. It wasn't difficult. We just completed Form DS-82, attached our check, enclosed our soon to expire passports and mailed them to the U.S. passport office. Yesterday the new ones came in the mail. We are good for another ten years.

As I looked over our new U.S. Passports, it made me ask myself if I carry a Christian passport. Is it my Bible? Is it my walk? Is it my smile? Or is it my attitude? Is it my skin color? Am I without sin? Do I never hurt anyone else? Christian...? Christian....? Follower of Christ. Imitator of Jesus. Wow.... Grace. Thank you Father for Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment